Thursday, April 10, 2008

stir fry goodies

These are actually from before I got new veggies from the organic farm and I was using them up. I basically throw any veggies in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil, cook it and call it a stir fry. What can you do?

This stir fry was basically an entire bunch of kale, some cabbage, green onions, and garlic with some tamari, and pepper. Basically the easiest, cheapest thing I could possibly make. With the lentils it was quite enjoyable and made for a super hearty meal. Also, I got in a lot of veggies, which isn't my normal "broke" doing.

This second one was probably one of my favorite stir- fries I have ever made. I think it might have just been one of the few delicious, substantial meals that I had, though, so maybe I'm wrong about that. Anyway, in it there is turnips, green onions, zucchini, cabbage, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and I think that's it (but the veggies are besides the point, you can make it with anything). The delicious part of this stir fry was the sauce I used. I combined in a small bowl a bit of water, soy sauce, cornstarch, cayenne, chili powder, sugar, and lemon. YUM. There is something about spicy+soy sauce that is so good together. Plus, I added in the sugar and lemon for good measure.

No comments: